22 March 2018

Practising certificate

In order to practise as a barrister you are required to have an annual Practising Certificate. This is renewed online via a process known as Authorisation to Practise which includes the payment of a fee called the Practising Certificate Fee (PCF).

Please use the links below to find out more about the 2018/19 Authorisation to Practise regime.

For 2018/19: 

Please note that mid-year applications and changes of status cannot be completed through your MyBar account. 

If you need to change your status, or wish to apply for a Practising Certificate part way through the year, please complete the appropriate mid-year Authorisation to Practise form. The forms can be found through the links below for 2018/19 Practising Certificate and fees for the self-employed or employed Bar.

If you have any queries please contact our Records Department  by email or phone on 020 7242 0934.