18 March 2019

How to apply for the Academic Component

Qualifying law degree:

Entrance requirements for full-time undergraduate qualifying law degrees differ from university to university or college to college. Full details can be obtained from the Universities and Colleges Admission Services (UCAS).

Applications for part-time undergraduate law degrees or Senior Status law degrees for graduates should be made directly to the institution concerned.

Common Professional Examination (CPE) and Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL)

There are a number of institutions validated by the BSB and the SRA to run courses. Copies of the CPE and GDL Handbooks, and a list of CPE and GDL courses, are available on the Central Applications Board website.

Applications for full-time courses are made through a central application system run by the Central Applications Board.

Applications for part-time and distance learning courses should be made directly to the institution concerned.

If you have any questions about academic requirements, please email authorisations@barstandardsboard.org.uk.