20 August 2018

Pupillage forms




Pupillage registration form

Pupillage registration notes for prospective pupils and external trainees

Notification of a material change in pupillage or external training arrangements




Non-practising period (first six) completion form

Practising period (second six) completion form

Pupillage Checklist


If you are commencing practice after pupillage, you will need to complete either a Self-Employed Authorisation to Practise Form or a Employed Authorisation to Practise Form (previously known as Notification of Status form). These can be found on the practising certificate webpages for the self-employed Bar and the employed Bar.

Please refer to the appropriate guidance on the following webpages if you are commencing self-employed or employed practice:

Authorisation to practise guidance - Self-employed

Authorisation to practise guidance - Employed

If you are not commencing practice following pupillage, please complete a Notification Form for Unregistered Barristers. These can be found on the practising certificate webpages for the  self-employed Bar and the employed Bar.



Specialist checklists 




Commercial admiralty


Criminal law

Employment law

Family law

General commercial

General common law

Immigration law

Intellectual Property

Local government and planning

Personal Injury


Technology and Construction